Treasurer/Oxton Village Hall Management Committee
The Village Hall Management Committee is looking for a Treasurer to take over from Ethel Cottee, who is retiring.
The Village Hall is let to customers who are charged for functions they wish to hold. The Hall has to be maintained in a suitable state and charges required to achieve this have to be met.
The Treasurer is an active member of the Management Committee whose main responsibility is to keep accounts of the Village Hall financial activities by:
- Collecting and recording payments from our customers or checking that accounts have been paid.
- Liaising with the Booking Clerk who raises invoices for lettings.
- Paying invoices of tradesmen and suppliers.
- Reporting the financial state bi-monthly at Committee meetings.
- Providing information for the annual audit of the Village Hall accounts.
- Reporting the annual income and outgoings to the Charity Commission.
- Organising regular maintenance visits e.g. Fire Extinguisher inspection.
- (In the longer term) Purchasing utilities, broadband and insurance.
The position is honorary but expenses for postage etc are met. In the past the accounts have been kept as a book system, but the Committee is looking to be as paperless as possible and would welcome someone, ideally from the village, with the ideas and expertise to achieve this.
Please contact Colin Rieley on 0115 965 5101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org